Monday, November 19, 2007

Random Ramblings

I seem to be under the misguided impression that I need to have pictures to add to my blog or it's not worth the effort. But I felt it was time to just barrel through one post without pictures.

We have had a lot happen in the past month or so. A lot of traveling, packing, moving (more about that in another post) and finally unpacking & trying to get settled while preparing for the upcoming (actually, it's here, isn't it?) holiday season while adjusting to a new baby and 5 more in tow. This isn't complaining, I am so glad we are where we are but *whew* it's hard to come up for air in the middle of constant motion.

I hit a wall on Monday, I just couldn't take that first step to start unpacking, it seemed so overwhelming. Unpacking is usually the easy, well, at least fun, part of moving but I think I am still a bit post-partum. When to my rescue swooped in my dear, dear friend & her 3 precious jewels. She is such a get-it-done person, she helped to unpack most of my kitchen (no easy task) and even brought dinner. A real meal in our new home with the kitchen nearly finished, it was just the jump start I needed. The next day, I was able to organize & put away our bedroom, I even color-coded the closet. I really think I would still be sitting in a house filled with boxes if she hadn't been there. It is amazing how God gives you what you need just when you need it. I hope to be able to come to her rescue one day or as many days as I am needed.

My kiddos had so much fun, unpacking with their friends, using the boxes in the yard and then breaking them down for the trash. It was a huge help to me to have the boxes out of the house.

How do you repay such a kindness, maybe a tea party? Hmmm......

1 comment:

Susan said...

If she treasures you the way I do your sister then there's nothing to do in return but be yourself. ;o)