Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Happy Day

I have no idea what to name this post but I am so happy to have finally made my first apron, all for me...me, me, me, and no one else but me! I'm a bit giddy. I love my new apron. I've wanted one forever but never wanted to spend the money on it. I decided that today was the day I'm finally going to get that apron. I picked out the colors, I picked out the design, I measured & cut, ironed and sewed, trimmed and ironed some more, and viola...it's done! Well, not completely done, it needs pockets & some trim but it is usable, it just needs the finishing touches to be added when the whim hits. But I am oh so happy so yes, I guess the name of the post fits, it is a happy day.

Update: It's complete!! Woo-hoo! I love it when I actually finish a project!


A bit more info about the apron. The fabrics are from Anna Maria Horner and the design is from my new favorite sewing book. Just want to give credit where credit is due. I love both of these resources and these fabrics and designs will be cropping up in many places around our home in the coming weeks.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when other crafters share the details. So you like the book, huh? Darn, I wish I had it.

I LOVE your apron!! I'm a bit of an apron junkie, but have never made one. One is in the works, a ruffled number. My SIL loves aprons even more than me and has one for every task: cleaning, cooking, entertaining, tea party, etc. The children know that "if mama has ____ apron on, she's busy doing ____," so they know whether or not she's available for distractions.

Christina said...

I love it! It is gorgeous. And the fabric is so pretty. I can't wait to get my sewing machine and join you in your crafting ventures. You are so inspiring!

nina said...

I love your apron,and want to make one out of the same pattern for a gift. Thanks for the idea....I love seeing your handiwork...Love, Nina

Anonymous said...

love it love it! but please tell me that abby trying it on and not you. if it is you, and you are that skinny already, i am going to DQ right now for a brownie bowl something cuz it is all over with and my life is over!
:)
jenn