Monday, April 16, 2007

Blah, blah, blah

I am just going to ramble a bit today & then leave a more organized post for another day. It's actually not too early this morning & sweet hubby is on his way to work. This cold weather is about to make me crazy, I'm pregnant, I'm supposed to be hot. We were at my parents this past weekend and when we packed for this trip I checked the weather, 70's, so I packed accordingly. But we never saw 70 or 60, I'm not sure if we even saw 50 but we did see some spitting snow, ugh! If I wanted cold weather I would have stayed in Michigan! So I'm freezing while I type, of course, I could turn the heat up but I'm trying to make a point, it's April, I should be flipping on the air or at least opening the windows but instead I am bundled in sweats, eyeing the fireplace, and thinking about nice warm oatmeal for breakfast. Enough whining about the cold...

My oldest took a sewing class during our visit to Chattanooga. I do NOT sew at all so this was a great opportunity for Abby to get started with her new machine. My mother was teaching the class & my niece was also in the class. I could not believe they finished a whole skirt in their first class. It was so cute. The only thing missing was the hem but other than that it was complete. It is an ankle length, straight, knit skirt absolutely adorable. The fabric was so easy for her to work with & looks so cute on her. She wore it yesterday. I was thoroughly impressed! Isn't it adorable...

While they were sewing, my sister & I had a play date planned at their new neighborhood playground. It was freezing & my kids were wearing shorts & short sleeves. I did have a few jackets for them but it was still cold. Luckily, it started to rain so we could drag their cold tushies inside. The kids played & were warm while we had a nice visit & enjoyed our cozy, warm Starbucks. Eric drove up after work on Friday & helped my dad tear down his deck, they are having a new one built today. We had a family day, our belated Easter/Esther's b-day celebrations...

On this week's agenda, friends from AL are heading this way for a few days, we are so excited! And the weather is supposed to warm up. So things are looking up. I don't have a lot of plans for us, just lots of time for the kids to play and lots of time to visit and maybe walk to the end of the street to check out our neighbors horses. It's times like this I wish I knew our neighbors so the kids could pet & maybe feed the horses but everyone around here keeps to themselves, I've only seen them a few times but we do enjoy watching their horses...

OK, I'm off to make my to-do list for the day...

No comments: