Monday, April 2, 2007

Diamonds are a girls best friend?

Not if you ask my daughter! She is 9, almost 10, and her Daddy bought her a rifle this weekend. She was ecstatic! Personally, I am terrified of guns. I don't know why, left-over paranoia from my liberal days living in New England, I guess. In theory I am all for people owning guns, we have the right to protect our families and hunt. We currently live in the woods and Coyote have been spotted in our area, my husband thought it would make me feel safe. I will get used to it I'm sure but for now I have this insane image of it falling out of the closet & shooting my child (You do know guns have a mind of their own, don't you? I mean we've all heard it, Guns Kill, not people, GUNS) So, of course I am little apprehensive. Luckily, I have been able to hide my fear so as not to pass it on to my children. I even fired the evil thing a few times. My poor dog, she'll be fine though, just a flesh wound. (That was a joke BTW)
What else have we been up to this past weekend? Oh, I know, yesterday I washed my husbands bonus check. Isn't money laundering illegal? I hope that doesn't extend to checks! Corny, I know, but it's early & this is my feeble attempt at humor. I taped it back together & pray the bank will still let me deposit it.
We have been drudging along decorating the house, prepping the girls room to paint (sort-of), working on school, clearing a spot for our garden, etc. Busy but not a lot of interesting stuff to blog about. We did take pictures of the flowers & trees blooming on our street & in our yard so I am scattering those throughout this blog for your enjoyment. I love Spring!

We are off to our beach cottage for a few days this week, it will be nice to get back to the ocean & friends even if it is for just a few days. That "beach cottage" comment is a joke BTW, I am referring to the dump we rented & still have 2 months left on the lease. That is where my poor hubby stays during the week while he is working. But we really are looking forward to visiting friends and I have a surprise field trip planned for the kids, they will be thrilled to see their friends and spend a day at the Dauphin Island Sea Lab and Estuarium.

3 comments:

momof3girls said...

You are hilarious! I love the pictures. You know we're a big "gun" family over here. There are such things as gun cabinets and locks! LOL! We can not wait to see you guys!!!!!
Tammy

Christina said...

Locksley will be so excited for Abby and her new gun. You know she has her own .22 rifle as well. No diamonds in this house...just guns! LOL I love the pictures. Very Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Washed the bonus check... did the bank cash it?

I sure hope so! LOL

When I worked, years ago, our regular checks were all direct deposit - but our bonus checks were the real thing. My manager always shredded his check after looking at it -- and you guess it... he shredded his bonus. Ooops!!

Yeah -- he's the same guy that shredded 1/2 his tie. He was shredder happy. Luckily the shredder had a reverse.

LOL