Thursday, April 26, 2007

Job 12:10 & Hebrews 2:13

In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.
Job 12:10

I have been kind-of down in the dumps for the past week or so. It really stems from a bad attitude. I feel like I am always pregnant & not losing the weight in between has really taken it's toll. At first I thought the solution was NO MORE CHILDREN after this pregnancy but that seems a bit selfish, "I don't want more children because I don't want to gain weight" I have also been reading Birthing God's Mighty Warriors by Rachel Giove Scott and realize that God has chosen me to bring eternal souls onto this earth, WOW! Every time I see that positive pregnancy test, I know that God has personally touched my womb to allow life to grow! What an amazing gift he is giving me, using my body to house an eternal life. What an honor, what a blessing! My weight is my problem not my curse, it is how I deal with pregnancy, I use it as an excuse to eat whatever I want. So I have taken this realization to heart, I have started walking & eating as healthy as I know how while still making sure to take care of the little one that has been intrusted to me. So far it has been great! I started officially on Monday & have actually lost 8 lbs. I have been keeping a food journal and tracking my workout schedule & weight. I went over it all with my midwife today & she thought it was great since I was getting enough iron, folate, calcium, protein, and water. The baby's heartbeat was good and seems to be growing just fine. I have signed up for http://www.babyfit.com/ to keep track of my food intake, exercise journal, and weight. I am praying I can keep this up consistently throughout my pregnancy, I know I will feel better with a minimal amount to lose after #6 arrives. The kids are getting into the act & have taken turns walking on the treadmill or doing push-ups or squats with me, so cute! So I may still be hormonal but I have a new appreciation for being pregnant and bringing a new life into the world and I am happier overall.

Here am I and the children that God has given me.
Hebrews 2:13

1 comment:

Christina said...

8 lbs is incredible! Good job! Just make sure you are making a nice fat niece or nephew for me!