Monday, February 5, 2007

How's this for a first blog...

OK, I haven't written a blog in forever but felt it was time. I was on homeschool blogger but they made some changes that made it hard to manuever my way around. I'm not computer savvy enough to enjoy the struggle. So if you know us already, this paragraph will be repeat info but if you don't here is our introduction. We are a homeschool family in the South. Currently S AL. We homeschool our 5 chicks using the Charlotte Mason method which incorporates nature study, great lit and living books as well as journaling, narration, and dictation.

Now for our news, first, we are moving back to Georgia. Kind-of sad, we LOVE where we live now b/c of the people we have met and the landscape but we have had a rough time w/ the rental house we are in & our house in Georgia has not sold yet. We LOVE our house in GA and will be glad to get back to a house that is truly a home to us. So we are a bit torn but feel that we are doing the right thing. This means spending the week without hubby as he continues to work in AL and come home to us on the weekends, that is tough but we feel it needs to be done in order to do & oversee some needed updates on our GA house in hopes of an easier sell in a few months.

Our next bit of news, we are expecting baby #6 at some point in September. The kids are so excited, I would be too if the morning (all-day) sickness was not about to do me in, LOL. It hasn't been this bad since baby #2 when I was sick for the first 6 months, hopefully, this will subside before then.

OK, the troops are getting restless so I should head back down and motivate them in their studies.

Samantha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Samantha! I am so happy for you! I was nauseous with all of my pregnancies and it always lasted for 9 mos. I will sincerely pray for you that yours will only last for a little bit.

Blessings,
Julia

Wren said...

Julia, thank you for your kind words. Oh my, 9 mo, that had never occurred to me! You are a brave soul to venture into 3 preg being sick each time, the whole time. I'm feeling quite whimpy right now so I hope mine is over with soon.
Samantha

Susan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I've been waiting for your new blogging home although I'm not sure how inspiring your posts will be for awhile. LOL

p.s. I'm not sure if you'll know by the signature but this is Susan...Christina's friend. :O)