Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Day for Tea

We had our Valentine's Day Tea Luncheon yesterday, it was so much fun. We had food everywhere and chocolate, yum! The girls started out reading their stories, they did such a wonderful job and they each had their own perspective. It was a great experience and I hope we can continue to do this. We ate and ate and ate and the little one's played so hard my 3 yr old fell asleep on the couch and my 19 mo took 2 naps! Of course what would a tea party be without someone throwing up, LOL! My 19 mo old had a very stinky diaper which made my friends 3 yr old quite ill, she threw up and my sensitive little Seth began to gag. Luckily, he was able to hold himself together. It was a brief moment and all was well again once the diaper was changed and removed from the premises. We spent all day visiting and the kids played and worked on Valentine's and just had a fun time in all. We are leaving tomorrow so this was their big opportunity to spend unstructured time together before we say good-bye (temporarily).

On to Valentine's with Daddy. He was so generous and thoughtful this year. I have been hinting for a while that I wanted an MP3 player to take w/ me to workout but I never thought he would actually get me one but he did. It isn't working right (he was so disappointed) but no big deal, I'll just go exchange it for one that does. I had asked for a few chocolate covered strawberries which I got (YUM) and a bonus of a few Godiva chocolate squares. We have this ongoing joke that if it's not Godiva, I don't want it for Valentine's Day. I'm kidding, of course, but he was so proud of himself for getting me Godiva b/c he doesn't know where there is a Godiva store around here and he just does not order things. Not to mention the very sweet card he gave me. He was such a sweety. He brought the kids all sorts of yummy candy and we had a great time. We had followed some inspiration from Lindafay to make Valentine's very family oriented. The kids made Valentine heart shaped envelopes last weekend and we left out all the craft stuff on the craft table so they could make Valentine's for their siblings any time the urge hit. Apparently the urge hit quite a bit because they had tons of Valentine's from each other and a few from their friends yesterday at the tea party who got in on the fun. Before dinner I filled their hearts with candy, a treat, and a love note to each of them from Mommy. My 7 yr old wrote love notes to all of her siblings all on her own. My heart just melted, they were so sweet to each other. They even made baskets for Daddy and Mommy and filled them with Valentine's and candy that my 9 yr old bought with her own money. They were so sweet and thoughtful. We are going to make this a tradition, it was such a wonderful experience. It was a wonderful day from start to finish, filled with love and affection for friends and family. God has truly blessed us in abundance and I hope we were able to convey that to our children yesterday, how truly fortunate we are to have each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had such a fabulous Valentine's day! Thank you thank you for all the great ideas. My "Story Starters" is on it's way so you won't have to keep making copies for us. Can't wait to do it again!