Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The Joy of Morning Sickness

I have been so sick lately it has really made an impact on our family. My husband just rolls his eyes, he can't believe that this being the 6th time I've been through this I'm not used to it by now. It's kind-of like asking people why they still act ill after catching the flu for the 6th time. You might know what to expect but it doesn't make it any easier to go through. The luxury of being a man during a pregnancy, the only time I envy them. But he works a lot, no big deal, just a part of our life, and he doesn't have time to take my car in for repairs or do other things I know my dad does for my mom. But he knocked me off my feet this morning when he got up early to take my car to have the tires repaired, one was going flat & we needed the spare repaired. What a man! That was better than Godiva at Valentine's! The idea of waiting in a dingy car repair shop with 5 kids while wondering how long I'll last before I need to make a dash for the toilet did not seem appealing at all. I then went all on my own to get the oil changed & the fuel filters changed, this was of course done at Jiffy Lube so I did not have to get anyone out of the car.

But my story about morning sickness, a few mornings ago I took my 2 smallest into the shower with me because we were the first one's awake. I spent a LONG time in the shower and had not eaten a thing since the night before. Finally, as the water got cold, we meandered out of the shower, covered in towels, and were just about to leave the bathroom when an overwhelming sense of nausea took over. I had to think fast. We have a very hot & dangerous gas heater in the hallway, I couldn't just send them out b/c I was afraid of my 18 mo burning herself. I didn't have time to wake my dh so he could watch the babes so I just had to throw up with the poor little things as my audience. Midstream I caught a glimpse of my 3 yos face, it was as green as mine, and before I knew what was happening, his face was next to mine just throwing up everything he had. So much for my future doctor! Oh, I felt so bad for him. What a terrible mommy to make my own little guy sick. I make sure to eat before I shower now and he hasn't wanted to take a shower with me since then. Hmm...I wonder why!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were expecting again. Congratulations!!

~Kris

Susan said...

You poor, poor dear! I sooooo understand. When I have all day morning sickness, water makes me sick so I don't dare bring a child in as I can't make it through the shower. :o(

Anonymous said...

Oh, the little one!! I hope the morning sickness goes away very soon for you! You're right, it doesn't matter how many times you experience it, it's yucky every time.

HUGS