Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A fun game...

I had my first prenatal with my midwife yesterday. She attended Katy's birth, it was so good to see her. Anyway, she confirmed my due date so I am 16 wks, due mid-Sept as I had suspected. She has been playing the heart rate game: fast for one sex, slow for another. She said it has been accurate every time. I suspect this baby is a boy and the heart rate confirmed it. Of course, we are still early in the pregnancy and things can change. I do not believe I KNOW the sex of this baby but I love playing these guessing games, it keeps the pregnancy fun. So, in preparation of another boy, I started reading "Little Men" by Louisa May Alcott. I already adore my boys so much more just after reading the first 4 chapters. OK, gotta run to check out paint samples for the kiddos bedrooms.

(Just as a side note, we played the heart rate game when I was pregnant with Abby and it was the heart rate of a boy so I know this is not fool proof, just fun!)

3 comments:

Christina said...

Yep! The heartrate of Esther's was supposedly a boy heartrate, too. But, wouldn't another boy just make the numbers even! I'm all for you having another boy, since I can't seem to have boys,I get to enjoy yours. lol

Unknown said...

That's funny... sometimes my dr. would say, "Oh this week it's a girl." The heart rate would go high or low from week to week.

But I like to play the game too...

momof3girls said...

You've got to find out what this one is. I would love to sew something for it. Of course you know all I can make is girl stuff. LOL!