Thursday, March 1, 2007

Scheduling a Charlotte Mason Education

If you are using Charlotte Mason's teaching methods to homeschool your children you know how difficult it is to schedule things like Nature Study, Artist and Composer Study, Hymns, Folksongs, narration, dictation, copywork, etc. Not too mention trying to keep track of everything to explain to nosey Aunt Hilda that you actually can teach Dick and Jane without textbooks, tests, and grades. Well, finally, someone has come up with a really good CM Organizer. Check it out at http://simplycharlottemason.com. It is brand new and they are offering a free 30-day trial. I signed up right away and spent a bit of time putting in our resources, it's so easy, they even had some of the books we are already using listed in their CM Bookfinder. There are a few improvements I would like to see but I won't list them, you can find out for yourself or maybe it won't even bother you. But all in all I am so excited about this organizer. It generates a daily plan for each child and a progress report whenever you want it for the day, week, month, year or whatever time frame you specify. So simple, you just check off the assignments for that day as they are completed, you can add notes if you choose and change things around as much as you need. Can you tell I'm excited about this?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are not the first I've heard rave about it... so -- can you give a guesstimate on the costs?

Does it cost each year of use -- or just a one time fee?

Christina said...

I need to spend time getting it set up. I signed up for the free trial and still haven't started using it. Maybe I should make out a schedule that will include a time for me to work on the schedule...hmm.:)

Wren said...

Hi Jennifer,
It's $9.95/mo after the initial 30 day trial. It's a bit pricey if you think of it as almost $120/year but it's so worth it for me to have those progress reports.
Samantha