Monday, March 26, 2007

Catch-up!


OK, not a big deal, just your average, cheap outdoor furniture. But it is/was my outdoor furniture. This was a spot to congregate w/ the kids, draw in our nature journals, enjoy the outdoors while working on school work, afternoon snacks, lunches, and sometimes dinner. Again, not a big deal but we enjoyed it. So Thursday evening, the kids are in bed, I'm in the living room (the room beside the deck) and I hear a loud crash. After regaining my composure and nerve, I flip on the outside lights & this is what I find.
We can not figure out what caused it to shatter. There were no tree limbs or debris in the glass. I half expected some injured animal to be on my deck but no signs of injury. Maybe the weight of the pollen got to it. The pollen is outrageous, it looks like a thin snowstorm, everything is covered with yellow.

We had friends over for dinner on Friday, they
brought pizza. So the girls decided to make brownies and mint choc chip cookies, they did a great job considering I was hardly in the kitchen to oversee their work. The only snag was when Abby misread the recipe for the cookies, she thought it said to add 2 quarter cups of flour rather than 2 1/4 c. flour. Luckily, this error was noticed before the cookies were in the oven, used the teaching moment to master some fractions (how much is 2 quarter cups, ok, so if you have 1/2 c of flour & you need 2 1/4c how much flour do we need to add to make up the difference), stirred in the extra flour and the cookies were saved.

Saturday morning we had a house showing so the house was clean by 10:00 am, the rest of the weekend consisted of enjoying the outdoors and clearing off debris from an area we want to plant a Sunflower and Butterfly Garden. Eric bought a chainsaw and started doing some major clearing, Seth and Katy decided to dance (she is a princess, he is a prince, of course), the boys played in the hose & "swam" in a bucket.


OK, so your all caught up, see you next Monday! Have a great week!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Man, do I miss you guys! I love the pictures!

momof3girls said...

I'm so glad your blogging again. You know I'm worried b/c disaster always seems to follow you. LOL! I'm sorry about your table. It was so pretty.
Wish we were there for cookies and pizza. :( It's okay, we'll do it another day!