Wednesday, March 7, 2007

School on the move

This week has been crazy, I actually think we are moving this weekend. I have been avoiding packing because of how uncertain everything has been. Half of the house is packed but the other half is just a mess. I am reluctant to put things away because I keep thinking I should leave them out to pack but then they just sit on the counter and somehow make their way to the floor, sigh! In the midst of it all we still have to carry on with school, actually, I think this gives us a sense of normalcy, something consistent we can count on, school must get done, to some extent, everyday. I love our CM organizer, it keeps me from going overboard and gives me slack when we don't finish everything due to time. But anyway, here we are on Wed, I need to get more boxes so I can finish packing. I have to just do it now. We spent the better part of the day working on stories and reading them at the park with friends over a picnic. What a wonderful way to visit and squeeze in school at the same time, I LOVE homeschooling! This is our 2nd time reading stories as a group and it is such a great experience for the kids, they get the creative writing experience, grammar and spelling instruction, and then public speaking experience. We are so blessed to have these opportunities and I am so grateful to be able to share these experiences with my children. Now as we head out the door I'll grab our CD to listen in the car that has our folksongs, hymns, and pieces from our current terms composer. When we get home we will squeeze in some math and history and then I will leave the girls to some lit & free reading while I make dinner and I think we will get in a full day of school, I'll pack when the littles head to bed and I think we can call it a productive day. I better scoot if that plan is going to work out. Oh, I just downloaded about 165 pics from my camera so I should have a few to share in the next week or so, as time allows.

1 comment:

momof3girls said...

You have just got it soooo together. Wish I was that organized! I'll come over and pack your house and you can teach my children. Maybe that way I at least won't wake up with any more nightmares!
Tammy