Tuesday, March 6, 2007

To move or not to move...

We have been in the process of moving since the beginning of Feb. We have been in limbo, living out of boxes, trying to be ready to leave on a moments notice. My mail has been forwarded since Feb 8th and my phone was turned on at the other house and yet we haven't moved. Here's the situation, Jan 2006 my hubby took a job in AL, we lived apart until June. Staying with him when we could and he would make the 6 hr drive every Friday & Sunday to come home to us. The house still had not sold and we decided to rent a house in AL so we could all be together. Here we are the following Jan, the house still has not sold, the rental house is falling apart (& the landlord does not care), and I'm pregnant. The only thing left to do is to go back to our house in GA and see if we can do some updating (new carpets, etc) to try to make the house more appealing to a buyer. Not too mention the house is not falling apart and a health hazard as is the rental house. The only problem is that a pipe burst under the kitchen in our GA house & we are waiting on a plumber to come out and repair it. This should not be that big of a deal, we have a plumber we have used before so we call & he says he'll get it done that week, the next week we call & he says he'll get it done, the next week we can't even get in touch with him & finally the next week my hubby catches him in the morning and he can't get to it for another 3 weeks, ugh! So, plumber #2 says he can get to it in 2 to 3 days, that was over a week ago but he says he went over last Wed to see what needed to be done and he should be there today to finish. I'm not holding my breath but it has got to get done at some point. So if he does finish today then we are moving this weekend. So say a prayer that it goes smooth so we can get back to some sense of normality. I don't do well living in transition, I need to know what is happening next, it gives me a sense of security.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Well, will you hurry up and get moved already! I want you guys to be three hours closer to us:)

Unknown said...

Samantha,
Let us know what we can do to help. The boys and I leave Monday, the 12th for DC, but we'll do what we can before or after that.