Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bonding


After a fun and busy morning, I was so tired by this afternoon that I decided to take a quick snooze while I was nursing little Autumn. But how could I nap with those big blue eyes staring so intensely into mine. She is such an angel. I propped her on the pillow beside me to just watch her, she decided to watch right back. We made faces at each other and exchanged smiles and giggles for well over an hour. I don't know how to put into words what I experienced during our quiet time together. I feel the same as if I had just finished a heart-to-heart with my 10 year old daughter.
I know her a little better now. I was feeling a bit guilty for leaving while the older kids were working on their studies but now I realize that the time I spend with Autumn is just as important as the time I spend with the others. It was a wonderful afternoon, I feel so close to her right now and to make it even sweeter she officially reached for me for the first time & wrapped those chubby little arms around my neck while she was trying to suck on my face but I like to think she was giving me a kiss. I'm so grateful for my precious gift of time with my littlest lovey.

3 comments:

Christina said...

How sweet! I love this post and these pictures are beautiful. She is such a doll!

momof3girls said...

She's adorable! I can't wait to hold her again. I'm sure she enjoyed the time alone with you as much as you did.
Tammy

Grace said...

That is SO cute!!