Monday, January 21, 2008

What will I think?

You know how it goes, you sit down to just check your emails & 3 hours later you realize the house is trashed, your baby is running around the house without a diaper, what is that smell, where are the boys, what is that noise & has anyone finished their schoolwork, it's bed time for crying out loud!!! OK, maybe you're not that bad but I have had those moments. It's sad but true. But something occurred to me this weekend that made me pause...what am I doing with our time, it's not just my time, it's our time, mine, the kids, my husbands, our time. I don't know how much time God has allotted for us, I won't know until it's gone, do I have 3 more hours with my babies? 3 more weeks, years, what? I just don't know. What will I think when the time is gone? When they have moved on, will I look back & think of the quality time I spent on the computer, phone, (place time stealing distraction here) or the time I spent with my chicks. God gave them to me, he's letting me borrow them, they are seeds to be planted, nourished, watered, loved and placed in direct sunshine. I struggle with this, being easily distracted, and I want them to know that there is no distraction more important than my family. So for my New Years attitude adjustment for Jan, I am working on more time away from the computer & more time with my babes. We had such a nice weekend and I know how much we are able to accomplish in a day together when we are focused on the important things. Even chores & school are fun and fulfilling when you tackle it as a team. So I am taking time to focus on my team. The girls & I are learning to knit, the boys & dad are building bunk beds & a toddler bed with more projects lined up beyond that. The boys are learning to help in the kitchen while the girls have cooking basics down so we are experimenting together. The Little's just bounce from person to person surrounded by love & warmth & are always under foot, exactly where I want them. If we are to learn at the foot of Jesus I want my little ones to learn at the foot of mommy and daddy & NEVER feel they are in the way! So, what will I think when our time is up? Thank you God for the glorious gift of watching my babies grow and for every second that we had together because it was well spent.

2 comments:

Christina said...

What a wonderful reminder of what is most important. Very inspiring. Thank you for sharing!

momof3girls said...

What a good mom you are! I don't know how you manage to stay patient and upbeat all the time. Your children are very lucky to have a mom like you.
Tammy