Friday, January 25, 2008

A Lovely Afternoon

Today we woke up earlier than usual & straightened up the house in anticipation of company for an afternoon tea & visit. Life happens and they had to cancel but that was okay. I realized the house was clean, tea was made, we were knitting, and my girls had just received the Redwall Cookbook in the mail. If you aren't familiar with Redwall, it's a series of books written by Brian Jacques similar to Chronicles of Narnia using woodland creatures & no humans. I haven't read them but had enough confidence in the recommendations I received to feel comfortable letting them enjoy these. Anyway, I found the cookbook from the series on Amazon marketplace for a decent price & bought it for them. They were so excited & surprised when it arrived in the mail today. So we spent the afternoon browsing the book, thinking up menus, now we have to put a grocery list together. Our plan is to make a Redwall feast for one meal over the weekend. Although I did sneak away for a long chat with my best friend, he apparently had some time to talk while he was driving between job sites. I love talking to him, he just brightens my whole day. I do mean my husband in case that wasn't clear. If we do end up feasting on Redwall delicacies I will take pictures & post, I'm very proud of my 2 oldest chicks, they have blossomed into wonderful cooks, chefs, bakers, etc. I also had the fabulous luck of finding some healthier, local, more economical food sources and made a friend in the process. So it has been a very nice, relaxing day with my babes.

1 comment:

momof3girls said...

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed your afternoon. I'd love to look at the cookbook on our next visit-it sounds nice.
Tammy