Thursday, February 7, 2008

Busy Hands

We have been in crafting mode lately. The girls are trying their hand at sewing and knitting. This is a true hands-on learning experience for them because I am such a novice at this myself I am really only able to give suggestions rather than teach them. I am very impressed with their accomplishments and I thought I would share a few...


Erin decided to make a sundress for Autumn, I was so proud of how thoughtfully and carefully she planned out the whole venture.






Erin completed her first knitting project and the first gift for baby Naomi. I hope it's still chilly when she finally receives it.






Here's Abby's first completed knitting project. She did such a nice job & caught on so quickly.
Both girl's are ahead of me, I have yet to finish my first knitting project, I've been working on it for about a month.

One of my big reason's for wanting to sew is to make cloth diapers for my little's. This is my first creation complete with sew many mistakes. It looks cute but this made me decide to follow a pattern for the next diaper. This is an AIO (all-in-one) with green fleece hemp as the liner & PUL pink w/ seashells as the outer cover. Definitely learning...

I can't wait to see what these little hands create!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodness, your girls are sooo talented! Love the sundress, the hats, the diaper, and sweet Baby's hands!