Thursday, February 14, 2008

Our room

We have this room, I love this room, I have great plans for this room. We had a room like this in just about every house we have lived in. This is our multi-function room, it's our school room, our craft room, our office room. I always dreamily plan wonderful days spent in this room. The problem is that this room always holds our clutter, our junk, the stuff I don't know where else to put it gets dumped in this room. So we never actually enjoy this room, it is always stressful and disappointing to see the potential of this room wasted on junk. Well, I finally decided, "NO MORE". I spent countless hours over the past week and a half throwing away, sifting through, organizing and making this room what I want it to be (within reason, lol). I finally finished this afternoon. I feel so relieved that the hard work is over. There are still some minor things to organize but it will be a cinch compared to what I just went through. Here are a few shots of our ROOM...

This is the view as you walk into the room. You are looking at our school books and resources. And Katy is enjoying playing with the wedgits in the corner.









This is our craft nook, the craft shelves look messy but they are organized and each shelf holds different craft mediums.










This is our office space, nothing fancy but it is organized, clean, and usable.






So now that this room is neat and tidy I would like my sweetie to build some bookshelves, you can never have too many books or bookshelves. We are also going to bring in a table to use for crafting and schoolwork. That is at our other house, we should get that in the next few weeks. I can't wait to hit the books with the kids on Monday now that we know where everything is and where it goes when we are finished. I am so pleased!

No comments: